Since my last post, I managed to knit sixteen more swatches for Lindaly's I HEART blanket. She liked the big heart two-color swatches best, so I made a lot more of those. I took them back to the table and laid all the swatches out to a 8x8 grid to see how things are progressing.
I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out. But I still have plenty of yarn and I really want this blanket to be large enough to tuck your feet under and wrap up over your shoulders. Lindaly is taller than I am (maybe she's 5'9" or so) and this blanket is only 56x72 so far. Since it's an acrylic/wool blend, I don't expect it to grow much during blocking. And since I have a lot of yarn left, I plan on making it at least 72 if not 81 swatches.
Please let me know which swatches you like best. I am looking for input on which ones to repeat. I've thought about just evening out the numbers - 9 swatches of each pattern (trying to use each color once if possible) and 18 swatches of the large intarsia two-color heart. This is what I have so far:
- 7 striped multi-color swatches
- 9 solid color framed reverse stockinette heart swatches
- 5 fair isle multicolor heart swatches (with 14 mini hearts)
- 9 solid color foursquare reverse stockinette heart swatches
- 13 large intarsia two-color heart swatches
- 8 multi-color foursquare swatches
- 6 solid large eyelet hearts
- 8 solid eyelet lace framed hearts
For yarn - I have the following colors - one skein each. One skein of pink is left for joining all the swatches.
- Dark purple
- Medium heather purple
- Pale Pink
OK. There you have it. Please let me know your thoughts.